Saturday, May 1, 2010

Deseo que...

...it's May Day...after having my coffee this morning, the first thing I did was to plant this geranium...it came from the island from a pot that I had saved after my mom passed away...she had planted it a very long time ago, and although it had gotten dry many times, some goats had eaten part of it, I managed to rescue a piece of it and now it has gotten big and healthy, so I cut a little twig and brought it with me...

...I remember when I was a little girl on the first of May or a few days later, my mom would take me to the north side of the city where a floral fair was taking place, and we would buy our gardenias, zinnias, roses and jasmins...it was a big event for me because on a Sunday afternoon we would take the bus and go all the way to the northern suburbs visit the huge magical garden of the fair, and afterwards the high light was to go have ice cream at a nice pattiserie...

...nobody is working today...there's a "Sunday silence" all around...the sun is warm...I hear the birds outside...the sound of a car that just went by...the low sound of our television in the background...children still sleeping...

...enjoy your day and the new month...

No comments: