Sunday, May 16, 2010

Bilbao...Ale...inolvidable!

...if I could only find the words to express the way I feel this very minute...to give you a taste of what I experienced these past four days...
...Bilbao...Spain...a sweet but small taste of Barcelona...
...El Pais Vasco...the northern part of Spain...a city of 350,ooo people...a city full of culture...friendly faces...amazing food...beautiful architecture...natural beauty...
...18th century cafes....serving the best cafe con leche and croissants...
....little pastelerias with local sweets...
...with street signs that have meanings...
...with the music that I love...I had been waiting for months to attend this concert...with the energy of the people that lifted my spirit...life is good...felicidad pura...with my best friend with me...
...beautiful houses that I didn't know which one to photograph first...
...panaderias with the most delicious bread that travelled all the way to Athens!
...quaint streets...balconies...flowers...
...the perfect combination on my phone!
...Buenas Noches Bilbao...I do feel a sadness for not being there tonight...it was short but so, so sweet...I left with the promise to return...I thanked the sky for bringing me so much happiness...for feeling whole...for tasting the experience...for being healthy...for teaching me...for loving me...

* * * * * * * * * * * * * *
...Siento dentro un grito que no puedo interpretar
si tapo mis oidos se me va la libertad
y si lo ignoro se hace un ogro y si me escapo se hace rap
a volar a volar Peter Punk!

No comments: