Tuesday, February 23, 2010

No me gusta!


...last night I fell asleep on top of my bed with my clothes on....speaking of tired! The days have gone by so fast since I posted last. It's not the same when the Bear goes away...although I have been excitingly busy...fun busy. Dressed in red, last Saturday, I was taken away by the sound of a bandoneon....deeply in my heart that's my music... there was alot of laughter between "the wife" and I...food afterwards....girl talk...comfort...support.
..."Marie" you cannot imagine just by exchanging a few words with you last night, I felt a hug from my mom. You don't know how much I needed to reach out and touch you....thank you so much!
...so, as I'm counting days I started cooking....not my favorite subject!!!! I'm a very good baker but a terrible cook! I never liked eating but when it came to sweets....all my life I've been a horse! I loved Sunday's lunch because someone else had cooked it for me!
...this corn bread recipe has taken my heart!
1/2 cup butter
2/3 cup sugar
2 eggs
1 cup milk
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 cup cornmeal (kalambokalevro)
1 cup flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
Preheat oven at 375 (170). Grease an 8 inch square pan. Melt the butter and while it's still hot throw in the sugar. Beat the eggs and add the butter/sugar mixture. Add the rest of the ingredients.
Bake for 30-35 minutes.
*you can put less sugar if you want to. I did and it was still good. Love it and enjoy it!

No comments: