Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Hay sol...

..I had told myself that I will try not to be negative on this blog...never to write about ugly feelings...never to talk about blue days...

...it is so difficult to avoid that when you're a woman. How do you stop the brain from spinning and only think "in squares"...unless you're a man....how many days do we wake up in the morning with a heavy chest, not knowing what is really wrong, but feeling depressed...drag our feet....

...have we ever counted the days in a year when we told ourselves that, today is a good day for me and I'm going to enjoy it up until the minute I switch off the light tonight...but have we also admired ourselves for coping with this "rock" and making it through a taskful day...

...they say that a woman's brain is more complicated than a man's and we filter everything...that our brain cells become addicted to depression, and once we feel it we ask for it again and again, they also blame our dancing hormones....

...all I know is that there are days when I don't want to get up from bed...there are days that I feel that there is no hope....I see everything black....there's panic....but I also see that I'm not the only one with these kind of days....


...what is the remedy for all this....where do we find "small happiness es" to grab on to and change the scenery? What techniques do we use? Once, this beautiful woman, who's no longer in this world, told me that if your brain starts to think negative you can move your eyes from left to right, this way you feed it with different information that unblocks it...it's just like a river that flows but at one point some logs fall in the water and stop the flow. The same thing happens with negative thoughts and the brain...

...my "aunt/mother" who has and always been my guardian angel, used to tell me that my brain is like a faucet that turns both ways...when you think black turn it the other way...and it's your choice to change it!

.... once my sibling said to me, not to worry about problems that can be solved or problems that cannot be solved!

..so what is our choice today?

No comments: