Friday, June 18, 2010

Mas o menos....

...today I want to allow myself to dream of forbidden things....... ...I'm sorry if some of you have a dirty mind.....actually I have a filthy one too....

....but today it has to do with forbidden fruit...I mean food...and only food!!!

...as a diabetic there's a limit to what I eat...
...although, I dream of messy peanut butter and jelly sandwiches on Wonder bread, salty-crispy potato chips and ice cream....I hold back...
...I try to make up recipes of my own that can fool my brain and my taste buds...and many times I turn my head the other way and tell myself that it's better not to have extra pounds because it's bad for my back...I use all kinds of excuses...

...it's so difficult to forget my life before diabetes....how can anyone turn the page of a book and forget just like that...yes turning the pages is the easiest thing, forgetting the experience and the emotion, is another...
...I'm the worse traveling companion...I don't eat greasy, spicy, food...I cannot eat starch, sugar or drink too much alcohol...I don't look at restaurants unless I'm starving, and that would be in search of a salad and good coffee...
...please don't pay attention to my nagging...in spite of all I'm very happy.
I have gone through very difficult and painful situations in my life, and I've come out stronger and happier....
...life has been beautiful even at times when I couldn't bare tasting the salt of my tears on my lips....
...I have been given unique and priceless gifts...people that I met...the love that I received....I feel so rich...
...it takes just a few moments to count your blessings and enjoy them a whole life time....
...have a sweet weekend...

No comments: