Sunday, January 17, 2010

Lo que me mata es la humedad...


Moody Sunday here in Athens. It drizzled and it didn't. The cafes were as usual full with Sunday newspaper readers...Friends were arranging lunch gatherings in hip town spots....kids woke up late today and ate breakfast after noon....dogs were taken for their morning walk much later than their usual...a grandmother cooked lunch for her grandson and his girlfriend...a little girl got a soar throat...someone far away celebrated his birthday...a man's spirit kneeled...a woman's thought rised...
What are really the things that lift us? A cup of coffee in a beautiful mug...a song...baking a cake...a movie...a phone call to a friend...a lit candle...a cozy talk with your child...a comforting note from a friend...an inspiring book...the smell of homemade food...a gathering around the table with the family...a mother's scent....
How many times have we looked at the sky and said "thank you"? How many times have we cried out of relief?
Have we ever looked at our pains and felt gratitude? Have we ever listened and looked with the ears and eyes of our soul?
Today was a beautiful day....I woke up, walked, drank from a glass, saw the clouds, heard every noise...and touched....my loved ones...my cat, my dog...dropped a piece of butter on the floor...mopped...did my laundry....cut my finger and cried....cried because I was alive.

No comments: