Sunday, March 28, 2010

Perdoname, pero...

...today I'm cleaning...organizing...fighting and loving with the Bear...collecting...mopping and dusting my brain...driving...but smilling, too...tomorrow morning I'm going back to the sea!

...Semana Santa begins...no dairy, no meat, or anything that comes from a live animal...a chance to clean ourselves from sins (!!!!)

...there's a cake for this period that I tried yesterday...it's an apple cake with tahini...

...what I did was:

...I poured 1 cup tahini...
...1 cup sugar...
....mixed them well...
...I mixed 2 tablespoons of Grand Marnier...
...and 1 teaspoon of baking soda...stirred until the baking soda was disolved...
...and then added to the mixture...
...I shifted 1 1/2 cups of all purpose flour...
...added 2 teaspoons cinnamon....mine comes from Constantinople...
...I chopped one cup of walnuts and added them to the flour mix...
...I peeled and diced 2 apples...
...and added them to the tahini and sugar mixture...
...I squeezed 3 oranges to make 1 cup...
...then I added the flour mixture and orange juice, a little at a time, alternatively......to the tahini mixture...
...I also added a handful of raisins...
...instead of pouring the mixture into a 26 cm (10 1/2 inch) pan, I used a muffin tin... (if you use a pan don't forget to grease and flour it)
...I had preheated my oven at 17oC (350F) and baked them for 20 min. (If it's a whole cake you bake it for 45 min.)
...when I took them out of the oven I dusted them with icing sugar...
....make yourself a nice cup of coffee (without milk!)...
...and just love them and enjoy them!

...I don't know when I will write next....just in case...have a wonderful time next to your loved ones...Happy Easter...bunnies....eggs...lady bugs...and candles!

No comments: