Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Por el dia, dia

...breakfast at my cousin's terrace over looking our village...

...she has the gift of taking me back to when we were little and our moms were the stars of the show...their baking, their embroidery, the latest news of the village, and of course the news from the sea...


...their shadow...as if they just left their coffee cup in the sink...

...lilies that my yaya planted a very long time ago...



...the island is my "womb"...with my eyes closed....the smells...the sounds...everything is there...nothing changes as time goes by...the place where I can start all over again and this time do it better...

...on our way to the beach....the little spring where we used to get water from...everything is there...even the "girls"...well the new generation!


...the crickets...the snakes...the lizards...the birds...the sound of the waves...

...of course, summer could be a very lazy period for many of us...




...we meet new friends...catch up with the old ones...eat, eat, eat...drink, drink, drink...
...Tracey and Howard, we do miss you a lot...



...there's another football match on, tonight...the capital is busy...it's hot and a bit humid...the music at the cafe is jazzy and the drinks taste good...as usual I feel hungry...

...stupid Bear, I love you...

No comments: